RAWA v2.0 - Show Your Support

Guild of Messengers News

Richard Watson, better known as "RAWA" at Cyan to the Myst community, shared some recent personal news. He has candidly explained his absence to fans.

I was diagnosed with a walnut-sized brain tumor at the end of August. I had brain surgery on Sept. 15th, and now have a very cool-looking “centipede” scar and a new nickname: “TC” (for “Titanium Cranium”). Welcome to RAWA v2.0 - a kinder, gentler, more heavily-medicated, slightly more extroverted RAWA.

To help his recovery, RAWA has made a request:

Do me a favor, please. During the Kickstarter campaign for Obduction, many of you told your stories of how the Myst series affected you. Those stories meant the world to my mom, who spent twenty years knowing I made “games”, but not knowing how much these “games” meant to so many people of all ages from all around the world. Y'all made her cry with joy many times.

Now, more than ever, those stories will help my mom, my wife, my kids, and even me. Sign that guestbook on the
. Tell your stories. My family will see your stories, and all your stories really will help us all through this difficult time. Thank you, more than I can say!

Cyan...and Richard in particular...have given the Myst/URU community so much over the years (including a soon-to-be-released new game!), so we at the Guild encourage everyone who can to stop by his Caring Bridge page and leave your stories and thoughts for RAWA!

For RAWA's full post at the MOUL forums, you can click here. Read more

View the full article