Pony In Chief

• Grand Master
  • 74 posts
  • KI Number:6409780
  • Discord:Alahmnat#5164
  • Pronouns:they/them

Posted 28 January 2020 - 04:59 PM

Shorah b'shemtee and welcome to all!

With the announcement that Cyan is closing their forums, a few folks have expressed their dismay that Discord has become the sole official community platform going forward. I agree that there is and always will be a need for forums or forum-like spaces in the community, so I've dusted off the cobwebs and done some spring cleaning around here to open the door to anyone looking for a safe harbor.

To all returning members:

Welcome back! Your registration should still be valid, as it's been well over a decade since our last database reboot. If you've forgotten your password, you can reset it through the login screen. If you've forgotten your login information, please email webmaster@guildofarchivists.org and I'll see what I can do to get your account back to you.

To previous staff members:

I've done some clean-up on account permissions and you may no longer have the same permissions as before. If you've been removed from your position and would like to have it back, please contact me privately! I'm happy to bring you back onboard, but to reduce our attack surface I've reduced several folks' accounts to normal member status in the interim.

To newcomers:

Welcome aboard! Registration is now open, so please feel free to sign up for an account. Please be sure that you whitelist forums@guildofarchivists.org to receive your confirmation email. There is a link in it that you will need to follow in order to complete your registration.

Please also be aware that, because the forum software here is rather outdated, we're subject to a fair amount of spam registration. To combat this, you must start a new topic in the Antechamber forum before you can post elsewhere. You'll find the Antechamber forum right above The Lounge after you register and complete your email confirmation. Follow the instructions in that forum and we'll approve your post so that you gain full posting permissions.

The Guild of Archivists (GoArch) forums are a carry-over from when this site used to be DPWR.NET. There's some general-purpose places to chat, but most of the space was turned over to Guild-specific conversations a number of years ago. There's also a (very old) fanfiction collection in The Bookshelf forum. Please also feel free to hang out in The Lounge! If you have suggestions for how we might be able to improve the board as a whole, please drop a note in the Feedback and Support forum. 

Note for Wiki users:

The forums use a different user database than the wiki. If you have not registered for the forums specifically, you will need to do so before you can post here.

Grand Master

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users