Pony In Chief

• Grand Master
  • 77 posts
  • KI Number:6409780
  • Discord:Alahmnat#5164
  • Pronouns:they/them

Posted 27 August 2020 - 11:56 AM

Hey everyone,

The forums and related systems on this end of the GoArch site (that is, the non-MediaWiki stuff) have undergone a couple of updates. First, I've applied some aftermarket bug and security fixes since support for this version of Invision Board has been expired for... quite some time. I've also made some enhancements to the registration system that have allowed me to re-enable reCAPTCHA. While I've tested those changes to ensure that they work, please message me on Discord, Twitter, Mastodon, or by email (to alahmnat [at] guildofarchivists (dot) org) if you run into any issues.

The second—and perhaps more important—change is that I've updated the server to use PHP 7.2, since our web host is discontinuing PHP 5.6 hosting in a couple of weeks. There are a ton of changes between those versions of PHP, a number of which are breaking changes that will cause pages to fail to load. I'll be keeping an eye on the error logs, and I've checked most of the common parts of the site, but if you run into a page that doesn't work, please post about it here and include a link to the page so I can try to track down the cause and put together a workaround.

Grand Master

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users