Photo

Bahro Story

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#26 lego_addict

lego_addict
  • 118 posts
  • Interests:LEGO, Myst, Computers, Internet, books, Classical Guitar, Classical Music, Soundtrack Music (ie, Narnia, Harry Potter, Revelation)

Posted 03 June 2006 - 06:51 PM

Are you reffering to the Cross-like symbol Catholics (I make the distinction because I'm Protestant) use, or the actually Cross? I think maybe something along the line of "Yahvo protect me" or something like that. I just think that on first seeing a Bahro, you would'nt go up and say "hello, I'm Lego Addict, would you like to come to my Relto and have tea?".
linking.gif

#27 jjoo

jjoo
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:Programming, the D'ni

Posted 03 June 2006 - 07:38 PM

QUOTE(lego_addict @ Jun 3 2006, 04:51 PM)
Are you reffering to the Cross-like symbol Catholics (I make the distinction because I'm Protestant) use, or the actually Cross?  I think maybe something along the line of "Yahvo protect me" or something like that.  I just think that on first seeing a Bahro, you would'nt go up and say "hello, I'm Lego Addict, would you like to come to my Relto and have tea?".
linking.gif
I think all three would work (translated into an equivalent d'ni gesture, naturally). Though I would find "Yahvo protect me" ("yahvo areeuhenah zoo") the most plausible...

#28 Teroglahn

Teroglahn
  • 991 posts
  • Interests:Myst, Uru, and basically everything D'ni (Would I be here if I wasn't?)<br />Jewish Philosophy

Posted 03 June 2006 - 11:23 PM

I get the idea, lego addict... bored.gif
Poison fills the hearts of many;
New air enters some.
Believe.

- Words of the Watcher, 1:117-119

#29 Naigahsehn

Naigahsehn
  • 161 posts
  • Interests:-Playing video games (Myst)<br />-Writing<br />-Drawing and Sketching<br />-History<br />-Linguistics (I try to learn and understand any language, but D'ni is one I want to learn the most!)<br />-Archeology<br />-Philosophy (the mysteries of the Universe...hmmmm)

Posted 01 November 2006 - 07:44 PM

Hey Tero.
I just read through this post now... Great story. I love it biggrin.gif! Is this kind of like what you wanted the bahro pic for? 'Cause if it is, I think you should do it!
Have you finished this story yet? Are you adding anything else to it?
Hmmm... have you put it in the library here? That would make it easier for me to read. If you could, could you post it in the DPWR library? Or have you already...
What adventures does your future hold - only time can tell.

#30 Teroglahn

Teroglahn
  • 991 posts
  • Interests:Myst, Uru, and basically everything D'ni (Would I be here if I wasn't?)<br />Jewish Philosophy

Posted 01 November 2006 - 10:17 PM

blush.gif Yeah, I guess that's why I requested it. I guess I needed some inspiration. No, it's far from finished... and not to mention I stink at commitment. I'm sort of in a writer's block.

Yeah, I'll add it to the library.
Poison fills the hearts of many;
New air enters some.
Believe.

- Words of the Watcher, 1:117-119

#31 Naigahsehn

Naigahsehn
  • 161 posts
  • Interests:-Playing video games (Myst)<br />-Writing<br />-Drawing and Sketching<br />-History<br />-Linguistics (I try to learn and understand any language, but D'ni is one I want to learn the most!)<br />-Archeology<br />-Philosophy (the mysteries of the Universe...hmmmm)

Posted 02 November 2006 - 01:30 PM

Tero,

Do you mind if I wrote up a chapter or two for your story and then PM them to you? It's up to you. I just like your story so far, and I'd really like to see it finished. Maybe you could use them, if you want.

If you don't want me too, then thats ok. It's your story, afterall, and I'll understand if you don't want me too.

Hope to hear from you soon,
-Naigahsehn
What adventures does your future hold - only time can tell.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users