6 replies to this topic

#1 BladeLakem

BladeLakem

Liaison: Guild of Messengers

• Librarian
  • 55 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 02:58 PM

What is the Archivist's symbol?
Should there be a guildofarchivists.com domain?
Archivist letterheads and t-shirts?
How about those tote-bags we were promised? wink.gif

#2 Horatio252

Horatio252
  • Guild Master
  • 193 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 03:51 PM

I assume that you visited the article on the historical guild here in our very own Archive? here's a link in case you or anyone else has not stopped by. I also made an article for the Restored Guild, but anyone can feel free to edit it, especially as things are changing rapidly both for us and for the URU community.

Gold is our special color, but you are right that we don't know what the guild symbol is. I am content for now with the open book that currently adorns the website. I think that after we figure out MORE and FCAL we can focus more on guild symbols and t-shirts and everything.
Guild Master

MOULa KI: 00214606

#3 ghaelen

ghaelen
  • Guild Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 04:14 PM

Thanks Horatio. One of the good things about being here, the information we'll likely need is here, too.

To add my two D'nari(i) to the choice of symbol, I think part of it should be a key. Because we all know that story is key. wink.gif

Edited by ghaelen, 11 July 2008 - 04:21 PM.

#4 RubyODegee

RubyODegee
  • Guild Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 10:25 AM

QUOTE(ghaelen @ Jul 11 2008, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks Horatio. One of the good things about being here, the information we'll likely need is here, too.

To add my two D'nari(i) to the choice of symbol, I think part of it should be a key. Because we all know that story is key. wink.gif

nice cool.gif

#5 Alahmnat

Alahmnat

Pony In Chief

• Grand Master
  • 4,091 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 11:35 AM

QUOTE(BladeLakem @ Jul 11 2008, 12:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What is the Archivist's symbol?

Tweek and I have pretty much concluded that it's the open book symbol DPWR uses... I can't think of a more relevant archival metaphor that doesn't use some combination of books and pen nibs, both of which seem to be in rather common usage at the moment wink.gif.

Should there be a guildofarchivists.com domain?

I don't see it as vital... if you want to pay for it, I'll give you the DNS info though wink.gif.

Archivist letterheads and t-shirts?
How about those tote-bags we were promised? wink.gif

I dunno, I'd have to ask Cyan about Cafepress merch wink.gif. As far as t-shirts in-Cavern go, asking Cyan about a Guild Pub is on my list of things to do at some point. I make absolutely no promises, but it seems only fair if we're going to be officialized this time around. wink.gif

And I just realized I ended every one of my comments with a wink smiley. Huh.

Be the storyteller
Don't worry, even Rand can't say my name right.

#6 BladeLakem

BladeLakem

Liaison: Guild of Messengers

• Librarian
  • 55 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 12:18 PM

Yeah, it's hard to come up with symbols that don't involve books and pens when so much of D'ni revolves around...well... books and pens... cool.gif

#7 Fallstar

Fallstar
  • 2,670 posts
  • Interests:Work...Sleep...Forum...Work...Sleep...Forum...eat...Work...Sleep...Forum...Work...Sleep...Forum...

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:00 PM

QUOTE(Alahmnat @ Jul 14 2008, 09:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tweek and I have pretty much concluded that it's the open book symbol DPWR uses... I can't think of a more relevant archival metaphor that doesn't use some combination of books and pen nibs, both of which seem to be in rather common usage at the moment wink.gif.

Oh good, because I had been trying to come up with a symbol from scratch....and not doing very well either. wink.gif boot1.gif

D'ni Tin Hat Society Grand Poobah
Note to Self

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users