Adding new articles

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ghaelen

ghaelen
  • Guild Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 10:50 AM

I know we can write an article and submit it on topics that pertain to the D'ni in canon, but I would like to know if I could begin adding information about the restoration of the Guild of Healers as it (might) become available. Given the guidelines RAWA has posted on MOUL forum, there seems to be a more open door for each guild to determine its own growth.

Let me ask this another way.... Given that there is so little information about the Guild of Healers, our members are rather forced to either sit and do nothing or determine a course of action for the community in the present time. For example, we held a small gathering called "Circles in Tsogal," that I wouldn't consider archive-worthy. However, we are discussing building a Healing or Ceremonial Age, whichever fits with the new writing guidelines. We will "say" about the age only those things we can say that don't intrude on Cyan canon. For example, "it might have been an age the Healers visited." Of course, should Cyan change our "story" we will "say" something different. My question to the Archivists is this: Should we succeed in building this age, whether it is official or just another explorer age, would it be the sort of information that is appropriate for an addition to the archives? Of course, if we ever become official, that information would be appropriate (symbol, history, etc). My question is for information that becomes stable during the restoration project, but is not actually "official." I'm assuming, of course, that we are allowed to even work on "restoring" the guild.

I know this sounds a little convoluted, but there are so many eggshells to walk on, lol.

#2 Horatio252

Horatio252
  • Guild Master
  • 193 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 12:16 PM

I am inclined to take a very open policy, but with complete information. Does that answer your question? smile.gif

The Archive can contain all information related to the URUverse as long as its source and "officialness" is clearly indicated. If an explorer on their OOC blog argues that Yeesha is currently being possessed by an alien, then that happened, and if you have the URL as your source then you can say that " there is some speculation that Yeesha is possessed by an alien, but this opinion is not widely accepted."

I think we can take the same approach for now with the Guild of Healers and their activities or Ages. Be honest about GoH's status: "the Guild of Healers, while not an officially recognized guild, is blah blah blah..." If you never receive approval as a guild, you are still an explorer group, so you exist, and therefore are worthy of being recorded (you just need to update your entry in the Archive). Even if you create an Age that is not accepted and approved, it is still a fact that you created an Age, even if it "proved unstable."

Down the line it may prove helpful for GoA to tag official MO:RE ages or stories to reduce any confusion, but I am not worried about it now.

Now does that answer your question? Anyone else have any thoughts?
Guild Master

MOULa KI: 00214606

#3 Alahmnat

Alahmnat

Pony In Chief

• Grand Master
  • 4,091 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 04:29 PM

Here's my take on things: In Prologue and MOUL, anything that happened in the Cavern was "official", even if it didn't make much sense (i.e. people claiming to have seen Yeesha in their Relto were part of the canon, but just like people claiming to have seen UFOs in the real world doesn't make the UFOs real, someone saying they saw Yeesha doesn't make her "appearance" canon... it only makes them saying they saw her canon).

To the best of my understanding, this practice will continue in MORE, so what you do becomes part of the fabric of the game world's reality. As a result, if a group decides to resurrect the Guild of Healers through itself, whether it's "officially sanctioned" or not, that group exists in-Cavern (much like the GoA in MOUL wink.gif), and what they do is part of the permanent record of canon. So ghaelen, if your group "uncovers" an old Age that shows signs of being used by the D'ni Guild of Healers, and that story makes it through the FCAL panel's approval process (at face value, I see no reason for it not to, at least on the story side), then you've uncovered an Age that shows signs of being used by the D'ni Guild of Healers, and that Age would be added to the Archive, no further official approval necessary. Similarly, your group of healers would merit an entry in the Archive simply by virtue of your existence in the Cavern. How you'd end up in the Archive would be determined by what you chose to call your group. If you decide to take up the mantel of the D'ni Guild of Healers, you're likely qualified (IMO) to get an entry as "Guild of Healers: Restored". Otherwise, you'd get an entry named after whatever you chose to call your group. Specific things that your group does, like meeting notes and such, would probably be more suited to going on a website run by your group, and the Archive entry would link to your site for that information.

Horatio is correct, we'll likely want to have a MO:RE tag to obviate any possible confusion, but that's still a little ways away, and isn't really a huge problem to set up when it becomes necessary.

Be the storyteller
Don't worry, even Rand can't say my name right.

#4 ghaelen

ghaelen
  • Guild Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 06:16 PM

Horatio, Alahmnat, thank you very much! You both gave me some very thorough feedback.

I suspect your answers will also help other groups forming, as well as groups perhaps thinking about restoring other guilds. That is actually much more open than I thought. I'm happy to hear your answers, and now I finally have something I can do to contribute to the Archive. I'll follow your suggestions as I work up the articles or add to existing entries.

BTW, do I need to do anything administration-wise to add an article, or is my current membership sufficient? You can tell I haven't done that before. I will look at the instructions, of course.... :0)

Edited by ghaelen, 18 July 2008 - 06:19 PM.

#5 Alahmnat

Alahmnat

Pony In Chief

• Grand Master
  • 4,091 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 07:26 PM

Hehe, I'm all about the openness. All you need to add or edit articles is a DPWR forum account... you don't even need to be a member of the GoA to contribute smile.gif.

Be the storyteller
Don't worry, even Rand can't say my name right.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users