• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Dot

Dot
  • Guild Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 02:57 AM

Shorah, friends. smile.gif

The leadership team at the Guild of Maintainers have been discussing how to get this process moving. We'll be trying to crystallise the process over the next few weeks and would like the first set of panel members to work on this. But for that, we need the panel!

To quote Montgomery, who is the GoMa Grand Master in charge of the process:
My proposal is (currently) to have 3 members from each of these guilds [GoMa, GoW and GoA] serve on the panel, giving a nice round 9 total. Eventually we will have a web-based FCA Application, and those submitted to the panel will be reviewed, commented on and voted on in one central location -- here in [the GoMa] forum. Probably there will be a FCA Panel subforum created just for this purpose, and it will be visible only to current members of the panel. I'm thinking just setting up a simple poll for each application, and each panelist can vote and comment, and the results and a summary of the comments can be returned to the applicant.

However, all of this -- the wording of the form, the process for accepting/rejecting an application, terms and length of panel membership, etc. -- will be discussed among the whole panel once it has been formed. So whoever is selected to be the first wave of FCA panelists will need to be willing to help invent the process.

So, please reply here if you are interested. ... The way I envision it, the panel will change fairly often -- maybe every few months or after a certain number of applications -- depending on how many are on the waiting list. So if you don't make it on the first wave, don't give up!

Grand Master, Projects Department, Guild of Maintainers

#2 Horatio252

Horatio252
  • Guild Master
  • 193 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 09:07 AM

If you wish to be considered for placement to the FCAL panel please reply here.

I worry that we do not have enough active Archivists to place three people on the FCAL panel at this time.

Personally, I don't know if I can commit the time to it. I would be willing to serve though if no one else steps forward.
Guild Master

MOULa KI: 00214606

#3 Dot

Dot
  • Guild Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 09:48 AM

Thanks, Horatio. smile.gif

From the discussions on the GoMa forum it was looking as though we would need to revisit the number of panel members anyway. Your suggestion of having just one Archivist on the panel makes a lot of sense. The essential thing is to have input from all three guilds, so we can benefit from the different skill sets and areas of knowledge they embody.

#4 BladeLakem

BladeLakem

Liaison: Guild of Messengers

• Librarian
  • 55 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 06:34 PM

I'd like to be in on this. However, I think that there needs to be a lot of discussion with Cyan on story aspects of the FCAL process before the Archivists can effectively do their job in this respect.

#5 ghaelen

ghaelen
  • Guild Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 06:07 PM

I am unable to commit much until mid-October, but I would take a turn at the panel when/if needed. In the meantime, I'm trying to keep up with all the forums and new developments.

#6 Horatio252

Horatio252
  • Guild Master
  • 193 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 08:00 PM

let's pretend that we are making progress and say that Blade is the current FCAL rep and I will be the alternate.

Yes Blade, much of the details need to be worked out, and you seem to have sunk your teeth in over at the GoMa forum doing just that. good luck, I will keep an eye on the proceedings.
Guild Master

MOULa KI: 00214606

#7 Dot

Dot
  • Guild Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 09:51 AM

Thank you all!

To be honest, there are lots of details that still need to be worked out in all aspects of the FCA license process. But developing it together like this we'll have a better chance of getting the process sorted, so that Cyan and the guilds (and the wider community) can be confident that it 'works'.

Throughout the discussions so far we've tried to keep Cyan in the loop, and ask for clarification where needed. Sometimes, though, it's not always possible to get the clarification straight away. But I'm sure we'll get there in the end...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users