Thread of Projects

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Horatio252

Horatio252
  • Guild Master
  • 193 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 04:45 PM

Have we considered a thread (post?) listing current active and future projects. I have two great dreads regarding GoA: One, that people will stop by DPWR and think that nothing is going on, and two that I will propose a project, get support for the idea, and it will end up on the back burner and then be lost forever. A thread of projects will help both concerns.

Projects would be labeled with urgency and completeness and nature of help needed. I will give some examples:

Project Name, Project Phase, Completeness (5=finished), Urgency(1= very urgent), Help Needed
Timeline Project , active work , 2 , 3 , unlimited
Chatlog Project , planning , 0 , 3 , unlimited
UCC Tags , planning , 0 , 2 , none
Citations , planning complete , 0 , 5 , unlimited
New Ages format , planning complete , 0 , 5 , unlimited
New people format , planning complete , 0 , 5 , unlimited
FCAL panel , planning , 2 , 2 , small group
Duplicate kings , planning complete , 0 , 3 , unlimited
externally link articles , proposed , 0 , 4 , unlimited
groups add own pages , proposed , 0 , 4 , group members

we could also list ongoing activities such as add images, proof Archive edits, expand stubs etc.

Give me your feedback on this idea in general, as well as other relevant categories ( Lead Archivist on the project, link to thread, etc) . Also there may be some better way to use DPWR's technology to achieve this goal ( like an Archive article instead of a forum post? I don't know) (Clearly I don't know how to use the forum well enough to make a chart confused.gif )

9/18/08 - edited to include missing project and progress on timeline
9/20/-8 - edited to add propsed projects from this post

Edited by Horatio252, 20 September 2008 - 07:57 AM.

Guild Master

MOULa KI: 00214606

#2 Alahmnat

Alahmnat

Pony In Chief

• Grand Master
  • 4,091 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 12:54 PM

One of the things on my list of stuff to do (which will hopefully be shrinking before too long thanks to finally getting a new primary computer after going all summer on a Dell hooked up to the TV tongue.gif) is to attach the main page of the Archive to a specific article in the system, so updating the main page would be as simple as updating the article. I've also got some plans for a bit of tag restructuring to create a section of tags that can be used for "meta" content - stuff like a projects article and a main page article, as well as the somewhat more administrative tags like Stub, Needs Image, etc. so that all of this stuff will be in one place in the Archive instead of strewn around all over the place.

In the meantime, this thread is a very good idea. smile.gif

Be the storyteller
Don't worry, even Rand can't say my name right.

#3 Horatio252

Horatio252
  • Guild Master
  • 193 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 07:52 AM

Is there a way to make something that looks like a chart either here or in the Archive?
Guild Master

MOULa KI: 00214606

#4 Alahmnat

Alahmnat

Pony In Chief

• Grand Master
  • 4,091 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 04:29 PM

There's a janky table tag you can use, but it's kind of hard to get used to because you can't put any line breaks in it anywhere, or the posting form will convert them to <br /> tags, which don't sit well inside of HTML table tags tongue.gif. It uses table, tr, and td just like an HTML table.

I'm going to have to see if there's an easier way to make tables that won't require absurd tag usage... I'll keep you posted.

Be the storyteller

#5 Alahmnat

Alahmnat

Pony In Chief

• Grand Master
  • 4,091 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 11:37 PM

Whilyam from The Archiver has asked me to ensure that we have a consolidated list of stuff we're working on "this month" for the publication. I recommended that this would be the best place to start looking, but also noted that the material is a bit... unspecific. It's a great list, but I think a brief summary of each project (and/or a link to the project's discussion topic) would go a long way toward making the info that much more accessible.

I think the only actively active project we've got going this month is the Timeline Project, though I think a couple more could come out of planning and start into execution by the end of October. Let me work on this and a couple of other things tonight... hopefully I can get somewhere with it before the night is up. Might even be able to get it moved into the Archive proper.

[edit] New entry has been created in the Archive for projects: http://www.dpwr.net/...c...cle&id=1015 I'll add it to the front page of the Archive momentarily.

Be the storyteller

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users