• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Horatio252

Horatio252
  • Guild Master
  • 193 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 07:55 PM

I was over on the MOUL forums and saw this thread. I posted this:

This is an exciting idea. I would like to offer my personal services as an instructor. My specialty being "lore" especially regarding D'ni history, the historical Guilds and the Kings.

Also though, I would like to float the idea of having the Guild of Archivists support this. I don't know what that means exactly, and I haven't the authority to say it will be so if you agree to it, but this is the kind of thing I wish GoA would support. Just so no one thinks I or the GoA are on a power trip, I am not asking that anything be given to Guild or that GoA take over in any way. Rather I want to give to you in any way possible.

I want some feedback from you as to whether teaming with and supporting the University of MYST is a good idea. Again I don't know what that means specifically, but it is the kind of thing I wish we were doing. I was thinking early today about what the guild could do IC and my first thought was these teaching kinds of things. The last thing I want though is to act in anyway like an empire claiming dominion over other people projects which fall with in our "manifest destiny". "Partnering with" "affiliated with" "with the support of" these are good phrases I think. "annexed by" "vassel of" these are bad phrases biggrin.gif

I welcome your feedback.
Guild Master

MOULa KI: 00214606

#2 Alahmnat

Alahmnat

Pony In Chief

• Grand Master
  • 4,091 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 11:17 PM

I agree, I noticed that thread myself and was thinking it would be a nice thing to offer GoArch resources for. I also agree that there's no need for takeovers, but I think offering forum space (if needed), or Archive resources for classes would be a good way to offer support without taking the idea over entirely.

It's good to see that since the re-launch there's a resurgence of interest not just in Uru, but in its history and lore as well.

I also noticed a thread from an anthropological group on the MOUL forums somewhere, Horatio... if I find it again I'll see about pointing them at SAPS and vice versa smile.gif.

Be the storyteller
Don't worry, even Rand can't say my name right.

#3 Horatio252

Horatio252
  • Guild Master
  • 193 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 08:37 AM

I also noticed a thread from an anthropological group on the MOUL forums somewhere, Horatio... if I find it again I'll see about pointing them at SAPS and vice versa smile.gif.

Once you find the thread you will notice that I encouraged him to join or partner with SAPS, but alas, people with new ideas tend to like doing their own thing. Perhaps Monkeyboy and I are guilt of this too. Instead of working within existing groups or partnering with other larger or similar groups we struck off and did our own thing.

Did you see this thread where SoDK and DRAEC discussed how they were different? Not so funny was seeing Keffren try to trump DocOlanA as having preeminence to the idea. Anyway, I worry that on the lore side the explorer community we have too much disunity. I think we could all keep doing what we love, but with a bettr sense of who is doing similar things and with better support for each other. I fear one group loathing another group for "stepping on their turf".

I think that GoArch could be a central hub for all manner of groups involved in knowledge gathering and knowledge sharing. The Guilds exist to serve, and while we clearly have a important role in serving by storing knowledge, I think we have more to offer by supporting the gathering, studying and disseminating of knowledge.
Guild Master

MOULa KI: 00214606

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users