Photo

D'Ni Mathematics

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Godot

Godot
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 09:05 AM

I have built a scientific calculator that works with the D'Ni number system.
It is a 16 bit windows program that does floating point calculations in both fahsee and nayvoo number systems.
This program apparently does not work in Windows 7 but Microsoft was bound to stop supporting 16 bit apps at some point.

The application includes a user's manual.
In addition to basic mathematics the supported functions include trigonometery, logarithms and
exponents up to +/- vahgahtorsee vahgahtor in base nayvoo and +/- sensee rishgator in base fahsee.

I am now working to add example calculations and mathematical puzzles to the user's manual
to allow URU explorers to gain intuition in and a greater appreciation for the D'Ni number system.

I am looking for additional information on the D'Ni number system to include the the user's manual.

Edited by Godot, 30 November 2010 - 07:15 AM.

#2 Fallstar

Fallstar
  • 2,670 posts
  • Interests:Work...Sleep...Forum...Work...Sleep...Forum...eat...Work...Sleep...Forum...Work...Sleep...Forum...

Posted 02 December 2010 - 10:29 PM

Hi Godot, and welcome to the forum! Sorry hasn't been much activity here lately, so if you're looking for any feedback or interest, you might want to post this on a more active forum like the Myst Online Uru Live Forums. Either the "Creativity" or Spoiler Free Discussion sub-forums might work and get you some good feedback. Thanks for creating the calculator, I'm pretty sure there will be some folks interested in it. smile.gif
D'ni Tin Hat Society Grand Poobah
Note to Self

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users