Photo

About the Guild

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Capella

Capella
  • Grand Master
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:The D'niverse, the D'niverse fandom, Mysterium, academically studying fandoms and the ways they affect people, critical readings of media texts, Star Wars: The Old Republic and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2, Battlestar Galactica (1978), Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:10 AM

Hi! I'm Capella, and I'm Grand Master of the Guild of Analysts. Which is a pretty impressive title, but it just means "person who had the harebrained idea" and "chief facilitator". I wanted to talk a little bit about what my goals are for the Analysts, so that people can see what I'm thinking right now, and then suggest ways of getting there or of making these goals even better.

My goal as the person with the idea for the Analysts is that I wanted to reach out to of the smart, brilliant people we have who are already working on some fascinating studies of the D'ni universe and offer them a space for vibrant intellectual exchange. People doing detailed projects can get in touch with each other and exchange resources, skills, idea-bouncing, and more. I'm hoping eventually there will be Analysts with interests and experience in a variety of disciplines so that finding someone in an area you're interested in will be easy.

My goal as the Grand Master is to provide a basic point of contact for other groups to reach out to. Beyond that, I want this Guild to grow through the efforts of all of its members and to be an organization that helps them achieve their goals. So please, send me feedback. One of my jobs is to be responsive to feedback and willing to discuss your suggestions openly and promptly.

I hope you find this project worthwhile.

Capella, Dark Cat of the Sith, administrator of MYSTCommunity

#2 Capella

Capella
  • Grand Master
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:The D'niverse, the D'niverse fandom, Mysterium, academically studying fandoms and the ways they affect people, critical readings of media texts, Star Wars: The Old Republic and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2, Battlestar Galactica (1978), Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:15 PM

I'm busy putting together some guidelines. I'd love commentary on them! So far I'm trying to organize a tagging system and coming up with how to respect the IC / OOC divide.

Tagging system:

I'd love to see discipline represented. So tags I'm thinking of would be things like "anthropology", "zoology", "linguistics", etc.

IC/OOC:

The Guild of Analysts is a largely in-cavern guild. However, I do real-world research on this fandom and I'd love to be able to share some of that here - as well, there's a lot to be said about ludology meta (meta analyzing how the games work as games and whether they succeed or fail in that vein). And there might even be crossover attempts - what about a project categorizing the difference between the fictional representations of the Myst games as a way to cause misdirection around the real Cavern? My best compromise is to have threads and project clearly flagged as to which they are, and in indeterminate cases, or cases where the thread owner is comfortable with both, to have a "both" tag.

Capella, Dark Cat of the Sith, administrator of MYSTCommunity

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users