Obduction Is Here!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guild of Messengers News

Guild of Messengers News
  • DPWR Staff
  • 221 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 08:54 PM

4215Obduction.jpgCyan, Inc., after setting a June release, then delaying until July before finally choosing August 24th, has finally released their spiritual successor to Myst: Obduction!

The game was financed by fans via Kickstarter three years ago and Cyan has been developing the game ever since.

Backers will be receiving an e-mail with a code they can redeem to get the game.  Non-backers can purchase the game via Steam, GoG.com, Humble Bundle, and the Obduction site itself.

Congratulations to everyone at Cyan!

View the full article

#2 ZeroCool

ZeroCool
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 10:32 AM

Yep! It's here and I've been playing it off and on for sometime now since I got it September 28th 2016 onto my Steam account using the Key Code I got for the digital download.  Takes a bit of navigating through the 2nd party handler BACKERS: Please check your Spam/Promotions folders for an email from Humble Bundle before posting about missing keys if you still miss a key try https://www.humblebundle.com/resender or contact backers@cyan.com

Basically a download of humble-bundle service software file and then you can get your code.  Then you can go to GOG or STEAM to download your digital Copy into and start playing.
The server download is insanely slow and takes about 30 minutes with a good high speed connection and the right server connection. I saw posts to hours for some.
Trick I was told was to change the server to the Cyan local Spokane server by Ryan Warzecha and when I did that and I was able to then download in about 30 mins. (Most default to your own local server and requires a manual change) 

Obviously, the games requires some fairly new software to work well as posted. The down side was with older computers the transition between Ages could take from 3 to 5 minutes, up to 20 to 30 minutes.  And that makes playing the game a real challenge! My own experience so far was it's typical Cyan quality graphics and puzzles. Stunning is really the best way to describe the Ages created. I'm presently stuck on a door puzzle code and have exhausted all know resources for a solve. Posted comments range form a crap game (Likely didn't have a PC up to the task) to those loving it. Clearly those loving it have PC's more current to the games requirements.  Cyan, in my opinion, has been doing and outstanding job and fixing reported bugs all games have when first launched.  I have a CD hard copy coming as part of my support package, but I'm in no hurry to get it. I'd rather they hold off and get most of the ghosts in the game worked out before shipping mine.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users